292 post

Adelaide Trip 12-14 Dec (3D2N)

Brought the metro card just outside the airport from a store to take a bus to the city. Went to barossa valley on the first day as the half day tour was cancelled and changed to second day instead. The weather was really hot. It would be better to go to barosaa valley on the days where there's the barossa expolorer bus hop on and hop off available to go around barossa valley as I couldn't walk around by foot. It will be cheaper to buy at bookme.au as well. As the bus fare wasn't cheap as well. Walked around the rundle mall after coming back from the barossa valley, everything was much closed since it was quite late already.

On the second day
I went to the central market and chinatown, the central market wasn't very big, most of the stalls sell fruits and meat. There are other stalls that sell cheese, coffee, dried fruits and nuts, and some food stalls. The street in chinatown was really short and not much of things.
I went on the half day tour to adelaide hills and hahndorf. The mount lofty summit was amazing, I wish I could stay there a bit longer. Then we went to a shop that sells that mainly the jams and there's a strawberry farm as well. Hahndorf was a beautiful place to visit, there's so many shops to go in to have a look. The afternoon tea was not bad too.

Last day

I walked past the adelaide oval after headed to st. peter's cathedral. st peter's cathedral was the best compared to the st paul's in melbourne or st mary's in sydney. The museum was really good, I wish that the description for the art pieces in art gallery could be more well oriented as I don't know what I am looking at in the perspective of the artist, like what the artist is trying to convey. Adelaide botanic garden is huge, but it is pretty nice.
Went to rundle mall for lunch, there was really a large crowd on the street before heading to the airport.

Overall, adelaide is pretty nice place to visit especially for those who love wines, I love the scenery at the barossa valley, it was like being surrounded by the vineyards. The airport had a very nice view too! It is pretty easy to get by via the transport there. It was a very nice solo trip travel, I feel like I am rewarding myself with this trip. Love my accommodation, which was one of the reasons why I wanted to go to Adelaide.
Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

315 post

311 post

314 post